• nihilator40

Board Meeting October 26, 2021

Virginia Harness Horseman Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

October 26, 2021


The meeting was called to order by president, Scott Woogen at 6:15 p.m.


ROLL CALL: Those present by ohone were: Scott Woogen, Betsy Brown, Anne McDonald, Tyler Shehan, Charles Robbins, Billy Carter, Randy Jackson, LM Jones, Scott Warnick, Tracy Bradshaw and Debbie Warnick. A quorum was declared.


MEETING MINUTES: The minutes from meeting held on October 1, 2021 were reviewed and approved as written.


OLD BUSINESS:

Item 1. Sire Stakes program

There was discussion concerning the Sire Stakes program that we are starting. It was agreed that previous bonuses discussed left us open to more expense than we may be able to handle. Based upon projected income, it was agreed to put $600,000 per year in an account to be used for the Sire Stakes program. Possible changes to the race structure and bonus amounts were discussed. Everyone is asked to think about the program, and forward ideas to Debbie who will compile them and present them at a meeting to be held next week.


NEW BUSINESS:


Item 1. 2022 Race meet dates

Scott Woogen updated the group on a meeting held with the fair board committee. They have cleared the schedule so that we can race until November 5th. Based upon a start date of September 16th, that will give us eight weekends of racing.


Item 2. Possible barn/pad sites

Scott Woogen also gave an update concerning potential barns and/or pad sites for stalls at the fairgrounds. Charlie Robbins will contact contractors about getting quotes for this work. He will then set up a meeting with the fair board to discuss the options.


Item 3. Donation for Chris Shaw and Calvin Dodson

It was moved and seconded that we make a donation of up to $8,000 to Chris and Calvin to help them recover from the accident that occurred at the Meadows. The motion passed unanimously. The money will be taken from our general fund. Debbie will submit a request to the VRC to have the funds reimbursed from the Benevolent Account.


As there was no further business to be discussed, Scott Woogen adjourned the meeting at 7:30 p.m.


Respectfully submitted,




Debbie Warnick

Executive Director

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Virginia Harness Horseman Association Board of Directors Meeting Minutes November 1, 2021 The meeting was called to order by vice president, Charlie Robbins at 6:10 p.m. ROLL CALL: Those present by p

Virginia Harness Horseman Association Board of Directors Meeting Minutes September 7, 2021 The meeting was called to order by president, Scott Woogen at 6:10 p.m. ROLL CALL: Those present by phone we

Virginia Harness Horseman Association Board of Directors Meeting Minutes August 8, 2021 The meeting was called to order by president, Scott Woogen at 6:10 p.m. ROLL CALL: Those present by phone were: