Board Meeting August 25, 2020
The meeting was called to order by president, Scott Woogen at 6:00 p.m.
ROLL CALL: Those present by phone were: Scott Woogen, Greg Trotto, Anne McDonald, Wilma Foley, Stacey McLenaghan, Randy Jackson, Tyler Shehan, Dee Lineweaver, Jeb Hannum, Darrell Wood and Debbie Warnick. A quorum was declared.
Item 1. Race Meet
1. Condition sheets were reviewed and discussed. Dee explained that they are very similar to last year’s condition sheets. She is still waiting on the phone lines to be installed so that they can be printed on the condition sheets. Once that is straight, the sheets will be posted on line. As it was last year, first preference will be given to Virginia owned, trained or bred horses.
2. An independent company from Pennsylvania has been hired to oversee testing, breathalyzers and related items. Doc Baldwin will be doing the blood draws and turning them over to Jason to send out. Doc Baldwin will also be administering Lasix. He will be on site for any other things that the horses may need done. We will be following the VRC medication guidelines.
3. Closing of the paddock area was discussed. Since we are under USTA supervision this year, we must maintain a paddock. Scott suggested that we switch to a one race paddock in order to minimize contact between participants. It was agreed that this is what we will do. Debbie will confirm with the USTA that a one race paddock will be allowed.
4. The list of people who have submitted racing applications was reviewed. Due to the amount of horses that have asked to stable on the grounds versus the number of stalls available, there are a few people that will have to be denied stabling. They will be encouraged to ship in if possible.
5. The planning committee has put together a list of Covid 19 requirements and procedures. This was reviewed with everyone and will be published.
6. There was discussion concerning pre race blood gas testing. Debbie and Darrell will check with the vets to see if this is possible.
As there was no further business to be discussed, Scott Woogen adjourned the meeting at